Interactive Marketing • Social Media • Email Marketing • WordPress
Podcasting • Project Management • App Design
HTML • CSS • PHP
Interactive Marketing Manager with six years experience producing and managing content, code and ads for the web. Proven ability to oversee evolution of projects of any size to completion. Unique blend of hands-on experience with development, editorial and marketing experience.
University of Mass. at Lowell • Lowell, MA
Bachelors in Music; Sound Recording Technology
Jazz and classical bass
Interactive Marketing Manager – Symphony Space
(Non-Profit; Performing Arts industry)
February 2010 – Present
Symphony Space is a multi-disciplinary, two venue performing arts institution, which through its rental program and in-house productions, presents more than 500 events annually in film, dance, music, literary readings, family programming and education.
Responsible for maintaining a consistent voice and content across all social media sites for five in-house brands, including Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, YouTube, Google Places, Foursquare, blogs and email marketing. Managed and trained interns for using social media. Responsible for creation of online display advertisements and Facebook advertising campaigns. Creates and oversees HTML e-mail campaigns, and new media initiatives. Develops multimedia content, collects and analyzes site and e-newsletter statistics, and creates audience-development and audience-education tools. Responsible for online operations and ensures the smooth operation of Symphony Space’s web site. Designer and project manager for release of iPhone, Android, iPad and Android tablet applications for the Symphony Space Live web service.
- Designer and project manager for timely release of Symphony Space Live iOS and Android applications and subsequent marking campaigns and email drip campaigns. Assisted in grant application for $96,000 of funding.
- Managed $45,000 project to launch SelectedShorts.org and creating single story mp3 download program
- Managed $15,000 annual Facebook advertising campaigns for Symphony Space and Symphony Space related brands
- Converted Symphony Space email campaigns into a source of revenue
- Managed Groupon, LivingSocial, Google Offers and other group buying campaigns
- Negotiated new podcasting agreement for Selected Shorts with PRI, LibSyn and Podtrac to create a budgeted $60,000 in sponsorship revenues
New Media Producer – New York Sun
(Privately Held; Newspapers industry)
September 2007 – September 2008
Five-day daily published in New York City from 2002 until 2008, with a circulation of 150,000 readers.
Wrote new media advertising guidelines and selected company to put the proper technology in place. Managed development of Media section on NYSun.com. While establishing podcast network, vetted different vendors for the construction of video production studio. Built a team of podcasters from within the company, both selecting and voice training each host. Designed recording equipment and podcasting studio. Produced all audio and video for distribution on NYSun.com. Worked toward new business lines despite resistance from traditional forms of thought.
- Doubled unique website visitors in one year starting in September of 2007. Increased page views from 2 million to 5 million through website redesign in March of 2008.
- Increased site visitation through successful content management system migration.
- Served as information architect for specific project involving future and archived news content.
- Streamlined workflows for content creation and troubleshooting
- Stepped in as liaison between technical and editorial staff at onset of podcast programming
Producer – Blattcave Productions
(Media Production industry)
June 2004 – Present
Sole proprietor of digital media production company and recording studio in Brooklyn, NY. Engagements are indented below.
WordPress Consultant – Lima, OH City School District
October 2010 – Present
Creation, support and education for educators to manage and run a multi-site WordPress installation to change how classes are taught and information is disseminated between teachers and students.
Community Advocate – Blubrry
April 2009 – April 2010
Blubrry.com is a podcast community and directory that gives media creators the power to make money, get detailed audience measurements and host their audio and video.
Created and maintained social media campaigns to drive adoption of PowerPress, a free WordPress plugin, and the Blubrry community. Represented the company and served in a business development role at sponsored events and trade shows.
Associate Podcast Producer – Sonibyte
August 2006 – Present
Sonibyte serves many of the world’s premiere publishers, and currently produces podcasts for Time Magazine, Discover, Parade Magazine, Portfolio, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, and many others.
Remotely record and/or edit interviews and live events and publish to appropriate RSS feeds. Clients include Time Magazine and Tomorrow Will Be Televised
Technical Director, Stage Manager, Audio Engineer, Lighting Designer – Fairfield Theatre Company’s Stage One
February 2006 – August 2007
Moved within the company from sound technician position to audio engineer, lighting director to stage manager for musical performances. Directed staff of 10 people on day of performances. Served as liaison among touring performers, tour managers, and FTC. Procured equipment necessary to fulfill contractual obligations. Managed archives of performances.
- Sole purchase manager and designer of stage equipment; selected equipment needed to enhance system transparency in 200-seat thrust theatre.
- Ensured smooth performances of over 100 artists including: Orleans, Ritchie Havens, Leslie Gore, Josh Kelley, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band
- Stayed within overall budget of $20,000
Audio Engineer, Audio Editor, Mastering Engineer – Gartner
(Public Company; IT; Information Technology and Services industry)
2004 – 2007
Mastering engineer for custom audio and video products. Audio engineer and audio editor for interviews on site. Produced and directed voiceovers. Audio production for custom video programs for Microsoft, Adobe, Sun and others.
- Edited and recorded monthly program, “Talking Technology,” with a circulation of 17,000 customers. Geared toward IT professionals, the program provided insight into a series of technology issues.
- Edited Gartner Voice podcasts
Audio Engineer, Audio Editor – Edge Studio
(Media Production industry)
April 2005 – February 2006
Audio editor and audio engineer of audiobooks, commercials, custom programming, industrials and children’s programming. Soundscape and audio post creation. Selected equipment to outfit Manhattan studio.
- Managed productions for web distribution and audio books.
- Maintained relationships with Disney, Smithsonian, Nicklelodeon, Royal Caribbean Cruise lines, Hyundai, People PC.
- Upgraded Connecticut studio equipment to mirror Manhattan production facility
Audio Engineer, Audio Editor – Brian Keane Music
June 2004 – August 2007
Audio editor and audio engineer of many broadcast documentaries. Computer repair and maintenance. Maintained archive of soundtracks and music. Assisted in session setup and break down. Premixed music cues for engineer. Dialogue editor for broadcast documentaries.
- Hired after successful three-month internship
- 13 Emmy nominations, three Emmy Awards, one Academy Award, one Peabody Award
Updated studio live computer facility to increase overall efficiency of recording production